1) To speed up your Windows computer and help keep you protected and secure online, first you need to control which programs load on startup: Many of the programs you install on your computer automatically configure themselves to launch at startup, sometimes invisibly. Its Important to an online computer to run the antivirus and firewall at all times. Other less important software like media players don't need to be running constantly. These extra programs slow the boot process and uses up memory and CPU processes. It is easy to control which applications launch on startup. The System Configuration Utility lists all these applications in one place: 1) To get there: Click the ‘Start' button then choose the ‘Run' command. 2) In the text box type "msconfig". - Across the top of the dialog box select the ‘Startup' tab. 3) The Startup Tab lists all the programs that launch at start-up. To disable any of these simply un-check the box on the left. Only non-essential programs are listed here it should be safe to un-check pretty much anything. If it turns out you needed it just go back and re-check it. 4) Once you are done re-boot the machine. 5) When the Desktop returns you will be presented with a window that says you have chosen Selective Startup. Just Check "Do not show this window again" and click OK. To keep your computer secure, turn on automatic updates. Keep the system patched and security fixes updated.
2) Sometimes, not always, outdated installed drivers cause serious system conflicts which results in reduced performance of the whole system. Drivers are softwares that run a specific hardware. Examples : Sound card driver helps the sound system to work accordingly, display drivers help displays such as LCD, LED displays to run smoothly etc. To update a driver the only thing you have to know is the company name of the supplied driver (since drivers are generally supplied with corresponding hardware) and just update it manually or you can install a driver updater utility from our free downloads section.
3) After you work for a pretty long time on your PC, your PC slows down considerably. Why? Because of temporary memory fillup. Now I dont want to go in detail of what a temporary memory is, because then its another story and we will wander off topic. Okay, so here is all we have to do. Go to RUN > type "%temp%" > a window will open. Select all files and SHIFT-DELETE it permanently. Don't worry, the files that are in use won't get deleted, simply skip those files. After this close the window and you will notice a sudden surge in computing speed.
4) Defragment your hard drives manually at weekends, its always better if you rely on the defragmenting utility supplied with windows. You can also use some of the best tools available in the internet, in our free downloads section if you don't like windows utility though there isn't any reason you shouldn't like it. For example, you can access the utility in windows 7 by : Right click on the target hard drive partition > click on properties > Tools > Defragment. Defragmentation helps in recovering bits of free space and reorganisation of data in that partition.
5) Now this is a bit critical. Don't worry, the steps are easy but you have to know a few basic things like the computer registry and keys that are involved. The computer registry information is used to verify a software installed and various tasks and certifications involved with it. If you are a professional you can do a registry cleanup from the registry itself but it is better if you use some other software to do this, because registry files if deleted directly from registry may be harmful to future performance. Perform a registry cleanup and defragment to delete unused or broken registry entries that are the result of instalation and uninstalation of third party softwares. If you have not performed a registry check for a long time say like few months and you have installed and uninstalled a lot of programs, you will a sudden boost in performance after you do a cleanup and reboot. The functioning of third party registry cleaner softwares are available in their help files. You will find some of the top rated free utilities in the download software page of this website.